A set of seven lampwork glass beads in green, cream and black, kiln annealed for lasting strength.
These beads were such fun to make! I was revisiting some effects I’ve experimented with in the past, and for these beads the unusual olive green shade has been created by laying aqua glass (or, as I call it, swimming pool blue) over reactive ivory. Magic! There are curlicued swirls and differently assorted dots in this set, and the centre bead is deliberately asymmetrical in design, with offset rows of dots. A departure for me in design terms, and a very liberating one!
A size-matched pair of black glass spacer beads completes the set, and the beads have been strung with pearl-effect seed beads for you to use in your jewellery projects.
Need spacer beads to complete your project? Have a look here.
- The beads were made on 1.6mm mandrels.
- The diameter of the centre bead is 13mm and the width is 9.5mm.
- The diameter of the smallest decorated bead is 12mm, and the width is 8mm.
- Measurements are approximate.
- Five views of a single set of seven lampwork beads are shown.